Problems with "Rows" category listing style

Hi,

I am using Litecart 2.1 and there appears to be some problem with the "Rows" category listing style in the default template. However, I believe the problem was the same in Litecart 2.0.2 which I used previously.

The problem is that the "Rows" category listing style does not look correctly when a short description is added for a product. The price overflows the product box and isn't really readable. It doesn't really matter if the short description is quite short or relatively long. See attached screenshot for an example.

I believe this is a problem with the default template.

By the way, is there a way to change the listing style for all categories at once and set a new default?

Best regards,
Johan
tim
I will have a look at this and squeeze in a fix before 2.1.1. Thank you for reporting.

To update all categories at once you would have to use phpmyadmin.

update lc_categories set nameofcolumn = 'newvalue';
Hi,

Thank you for your assistance. I upgraded to LiteCart 2.1.1 today and this still does not seem to work properly although some things appear to have changed.

In Vivaldi (based on Chromium) it now looks like in the first of the attached screenshots - the price isn't shown at all and nor is the border around each product.

In Firefox and IE, however, it looks correct as long as the screen is wide enough. On smaller screens the brand name ends up halfway outside the box. See the second of the attached screenshots. It would probably be better to scale down or cut the description text than to make it overflow like that.

Best regards,
Johan
tim
Did you press Ctrl + F5 to refresh browser cache while loading the page?

I don't see the issue in the demo running 2.1.1.
How could I miss this? I am ashamed of myself. :'D Now it works, at least in full width.

However, the overflow problem on smaller screen/window sizes persists.
tim
What is your expected behaviour to prevent overflowing?

* A taller box
* An ellipsis  ...
* Or move manufacturer to upper right corner
I would expect one of the following:
  • The box to become taller
  • The description text to be shortened (automatically), for example ending with "..."
  • The description text to be sideways scrollable (like the Bootstap responsive table, for example).

Thank you for your interest in this!
tim
I'll try to think of something before the next update. Until then you would have to resolve this with some css. If you are using LESS it's in listing.less.
This thread has been closed due to long inactivity. Posting to it is not possible.