"Fatal error" regarding languages and translations

Hi, I just installed Litecart on my server, everything seems to work except I cannot add any new language or translation, or edit existing one (English). When I access the Language module to add or edit a new language I got this error: 
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type ctrl_language as array in /mpersonalserver/includes/library/lib_language.inc.php on line 187
Then my session broken and I must reset cookies in order to make the admin panel work again, also when I am in the Translation module I got the following Warnings in almost the entire module:
Warning: Unknown language code for translation () in ~/includes/library/lib_language.inc.php (Line 191)

Is there something I am missing?
tim
What does the data in the database table lc_languages look like? Did you disable english while it was the only language available? Try set status to 1 in lc_languages.
Hi Tim, thank you for your fast reply. I am attaching two screenshot of the data in the lc_languages table. The status field was already set to 1.
I installed XAMPP with PHP 7 in my computer and now it runs without issues, it looks like to be an issue with the PHP version of my server, which is 5.3.29. Is there any version of litecart that can be used with the PHP Version 5.3.29? I ask because I dont have access to updating the version of my web server.
tim
LiteCart is promoted to run on at least PHP 5.3 but to be honest I haven't quite kept that testing up to date as all versions prior to PHP 7.1 are no longer maintained by the authors of PHP. So in a future release LiteCart will stop supporting these older versions.

If your web host can't provide PHP 7.1 or higher my best recommendation is to change host. PHP 7.1 would be I assume 4-5 times faster than PHP 5.3.

If you can arrange FTP or SSH access to your installation I can see what causes your issue.

You are entitled to create a support ticket. Click here to begin.
I have submitted the information so you can check what is causing the issue.
By the way, 
I was playing around with the includes/library/lib_language.inc.php and note that for some reason in the function translate, the piece of code:
language::$languages[$language_code] always return an empty result but this only occurs in the Translate or Language modules of the Backend, maybe a conflict with the variable? 

I almost forgot, but when installing Litecart the install.php displayed this warning:
Settings
register_globals = 1 [Not recommended]
memory_limit = 64M [Not recommended]

Hope you can help. Thank you
tim
There is your problem right there. register_globals = 1. I found a workaround for $_SESSION that was referencing some global variables in PHP 5.3. Have a look around. But I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you go to a higher PHP version for everyone's best convenience.
Thank you very much for all your help, it worked flawlessly! Once finished every test I will change hosting server so I can get latest version of both: PHP and MySQL. 
Thanks again, keep your good work!