Undefined constant GLOB_BRACE

Hi,
I am new to litecart an tried to install it.
I get errors

Checking MySQL database default character set... latin1 [Warning] The database default charset is not 'utf8' and you might experience trouble with foreign characters. Try performing the following MySQL query: "ALTER DATABASE `DB3041743` CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;"

and later on this:

Patching installation with regional data...
Notice: Use of undefined constant GLOB_BRACE - assumed 'GLOB_BRACE' in /mnt/webq/b22/47/999999/htdocs/litecart/install/install.php on line 359

Warning: glob() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /mnt/webq/b22/47/999999/htdocs/litecart/install/install.php on line 359

( I changed some numbers to hide the real path)

What goes wrong here ?

Thanx!

Poekel
tim
What country was selected during install?
Hi,

The Netherlands was selected.

My hosting provider is Strato and they work with SUN equipment for there shared webhosting platform. Several months ago i tried to install opencart and got the same message --> Use of undefined constant GLOB_BRACE - assumed 'GLOB_BRACE'
Is it the same error ?
tim
Yes it's caused by the same issue.

The PHP documentation says:

"Note: The GLOB_BRACE flag is not available on some non GNU systems, like Solaris."

Ask Stratos if they have a workaround as this is a common issue around forums for Stratos users. Or you would have to modify the installer to retrieve the same files as glob() does using some other method.

Perhaps you can just define the constant with it's proper value and that is it.
The support by Strato is not that good that they will come with a fix or workaround.  The only solution is to install litecart somewhere else
Close this ticket
tim
Can you try this:

In install/install.php

**On line 2, find**

ob_start();

**After that, add**

if (!defined('GLOB_BRACE')) define('GLOB_BRACE', 1024);
Tim,

This is what i get:

Checking MySQL database default character set... latin1 [Warning] The database default charset is not 'utf8' and you might experience trouble with foreign characters. Try performing the following MySQL query: "ALTER DATABASE `DB3042597` CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci;"

which utf8 do i choose ?

and a warning

Warning: glob(): At least one of the passed flags is invalid or not supported on this platform in /mnt/webq/b22/47/999999/htdocs/litecart/install/install.php on line 360

Thanx!
Poekel
and an internal server error when i log in at the administration area 
tim
Ok, then there is no easy workaround for emualting GLOB_BRACE.

You can roll with utf8_swedish_ci which is standard for abc..xyzåäö.

The internal error could reside from an invalid path to htpasswd in your .htaccess file. Or unsupported .htaccess syntax.

Feels like this server does everything differently. Do you have another webhost you can try?
Hi,
I installed it on my synology NAS and everything works ok.
too bad for all Strato users ......
close the ticket
Stratos is actually written wrong it should be "troubles"
Stratos is actually written wrong it should be "troubles"

Haha!
An open goal, could't resist it
On Alpine Linux
In install/install.php add

if (!defined('GLOB_BRACE')) define('GLOB_BRACE', 0x10);

after
ob_start();
as  said above