Download themes

Hello
It would seem that there is not a good choice of themes in the addons. Why not, it is not a reproach and I would not like to be told: "make it yourself". I could not.

In this case, I guess I could just change the colors of the footer and the header, but how?

What is the hierarchy of files that would allow me to cut / paste a color code?

Thank you.

Laurent
We decided to postpone all our efforts in templates until 2.0 is released which is based on Bootstrap. Bootstrap is pretty much industry standard today and will be a better option for template makers.

To edit CSS styling simply right click any element and select "Inspect element". The developer tools will reveal what file and line to edit.
Is it with my browser that I inspect an item, or is it in my database?
Perhaps a silly question! Because you're talking about CSS style. In this case, where is the CSS style?

I imagine (I already read you) that you will send me on the famous link
which says: "we do not do the work for you, pay you a freelancer ..."),
but I do not Ask no better. But I'm in France.

To have a beautiful Litecart, I would be willing to pay ......... say, up to 500 €. But not 1500 €.
Sorry, your browser. We mentioned this briefly in the chapter for creating a template.

How To Find A Specific CSS Rule
Google Chrome comes with a set of handy developer tools.
1. Right click the element you want to style and select Inspect Element.
2. Look at the style definitions shown on the side. It will tell you which CSS file and line the rule is stated. More information can be found in https://developer.chrome.com/devtools
https://wiki.litecart.net/doku.php?id=how_to_create_a_template

I would not like to be told: "make it yourself"

I imagine (I already read you) that you will send me on the famous link
which says: "we do not do the work for you, pay you a freelancer ..."), 

Please spare us the negative attitude if you wish to continue receiving answers to your questions in the future.
I'm sorry, I always post too fast. With a search I found what I was looking for, on the web and I just learned something that I did not know and that's exactly what Mr Tim was explaining to me.

I pushed an Ahhhh !!

I had never tried an element inspector of my life. And in addition, the cursor gives the path. It's great.

I will refrain from posting until I have found the answers myself.

I am confused. I will remain mute.

Good evening to you and thank you again.
No worries, just keep in mind you might wanna take drivers lessons before installing the car in your garage. ;)
No problem, I will continue in my understanding of Litecart in order to have a small shop in my image.

I read all the topics of the forum, and I understand better. I will become good dashboard side and less good side pure code. I understood that I must be careful of the copied / pasted lines of code
made ready because I would not know if it would be enough or if it would
be necessary to intervene elsewhere.

You see that I learn in my own way!

I have disabled the cart as it is the most complicated piece to make. The moment chosen and chosen, I will pay. For now, I add the products even if they are not buyable in the traditional way.

Have a nice week end
It's quite an amusing moment to read those posts of monsieur @laurentmaman. They are carrying a message, too, that is, within those answers… "Watch your lang, son"… "How about your attitude, boy"… :)

– – –
Well! -- I'm still in the middle of my migration plan(s) and stuff. However, yesterday my WooCommerce shop went down again, without any warning, so something have to be done, at last.

I really would like to download a LC theme. Only there isn't one. Or two, or twenty-one.
Is there ANY PLANS to develope any additional theme, during the next five years? And if not, why not? ;)
tim
@yesperd Would rather see us making templates, or new features?

Whatever template we would provide. Users modify them anyway. So far template making does not cover the development costs or costs for maintaining future upgrades. So they basically slow us down. Third party templates are welcome.
I'd prefer templates, yes. I think the basic features of LC + add-ons so far made are pretty nice combination already. What LC lacks is themes (templates).

In fact, if you ask me, you should develope LC backend in the direction which many of your competitors have already done: easy modification for the theme and layout. -- Header and footer colors, number of sidebars, place of the search box, etc. Choices made by radio buttons, drop menus and the likes. Something like that. But no code modifying.

To be honest, that's been the main reason for me to delay my LC migration. I hate to think the necessity to touch e.g. the Header code, even when I only want to hide the currency box. It really should be behind a button.

See, I'm a poor stupid sellerman, not a developer. Every hour I fight the LC code, decreases the shop sale and profit.
tim
@yesperd Could you provide a demo link to one of those great easy template modification tools?

If template layouts are done by settings and buttons there is going to be a lot of limitations. Having acccess to the full source code the sky is the limit. Wysiwyg editors are larger than the entire LiteCart.
Here's one. Actually the one I'm now using on my WooCommerce shop. I wouldn't want LC theme(s) to be as fancy as this, but kind of. The right direction.
WooCart

You're right about the limitations. But… I think that's the point. If the sky is the limit you have to learn to fly. A poor seller only wants to walk safely on the ground. A theme is the scenery. Every one of them has (should have) its own approach with some basic options to modify it. Not everything.

If only LC would offer even, say, 10 different themes with 10 options to choose in each: The structure, colors, fonts, and likes. I'd test them and pick the one I prefer. Depending the result I'd be ready to pay 20–50 euros per year.

As I'm not a developer, I can't say if I'm asking too much. However, I think that every provided proper LiteCart theme would increase its popularity and amount of users dramatically.
tim
You linked a frontend template. I wanted to see the backend modification tools for the template.
Oh-hou. Sorry. It's these demo pages, often under a strange URL. I was on the right page, but… Here goes:
WooCart -- General Settings

And, in this backend view you can use the links on the blue header (Option Panels), to see even more.
I've tried multiple "99 in 1"  templates for woocommerce a few times before Litecart. And I always needed that 100th variation which they haven't had. IMO it always best to have simple themes. If it fits you then buy, if it doesn't then look for another. This way you can avoid all the clutter and heavy loading page.

I though about releasing a few themes for Litecart but it seems most of the people want's all in on solutions. tim, do you get any more request for themes than in this forum?
This thread has been closed due to long inactivity. Posting to it is not possible.