How to pass something from shipping module to order

In Poland we have shipping method called ""Paczkomaty"" (in larger cities stand box in which you can take the package). I need to pass value from <select class=""paczkomaty""> (http://shirtz.pl/checkout) to order as shipping_tracking_id (or something else). For now i pass it via javascript to <textarea name=""comments""></textarea> but it is not a good solution i think.

PS. It would be great if you gave some christmas discounts on Litecart Add-ons :P
Inside the shipping module in the after_process() method you can write to any order parameter e.g. $GLOBALS['order']->data['shipping_tracking_id'] = 'foobar';

If you have user input in the shipping option you can fetch these inside the select() method refering to the $_POST param. Keep in mind the order object is created after selecting shipping so the param would need to be stored elsewhere e.g. session::$data['myparam'].
$GLOBALS['order']->data['shipping_tracking_id'] = '111';

or

global $order;
$order->data['shipping_tracking_id'] = '111';

Doesn't work for me in after_process() method. It work in order_process.inc.php so i will put this <select /> in box_checkout_summary.inc.php and it will go with rest of $_POST
Either is fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention, you must save the changes.

$GLOBALS['order']->data['shipping_tracking_id'] = '111';
$GLOBALS['order']->save();
Is this procedure valid for version 2.2.4 or how best to do it for version 2.2.4?
This thread has been closed due to long inactivity. Posting to it is not possible.