Not sending emails...at all

My siteisn't sending any emails. Whether it is to create an account or order confirmation emails. I have tried reinstalling but got an internal server error in the checkout page. I fixed that issue but now I can't send emails and I have touched little to no  pages. I tried it on another hosting service and it worked but the one I'm using(awardspace) it's not sending.

The pages listed in the error log I haven't touch.
Hi twinkel,

did you configure your simple mail connection in:
admin panel: Settings > Email
?

If you configured it anything properly and the problem still appears it's possibly a deeper problem.

Regards,
Felix
That usually isn't needed. The hosting that worked I didn't touch it neither does litecart demo has any changes and they send emails.

I have altered it in the past but nothing.
tim
Without SMTP LiteCart will pass the email to PHP mail() which passes it to the servers sendmail mailpipe.

Check your sendmail configuration on the server or use SMTP. If you need to debug see includes/classes/email.inc.php.
Are you referring to the email settings in admin? The hosting that worked as well as litecart demo has SMTP Enabled false.
I'm unsure of what is to debug as it has been known to work with no alteration.
tim
There are no issues with mail in LiteCart 2.1.6. If it doesn't deliver to your local sendmail pipe when smtp is disabled it's a problem with PHPs sendmail configuration or your sendmail program on the server.
Ok, I will look into it.
It appears I cannot send or receive emails directly to/from my site but can have email sent to my site's email address from a mailto link on my site... (sent from your site to your site email address).

Is it possible to change the email code to a mailto link, would that work?
tim
Sure just edit the template file. But how are you going to deliver passeord reset links, order copies, order status updates?
Not sure which file it is, order_process, func_email... .

Can't those links or code be done to work through a mailto link, like even if their is a variable have mailto and then the variable?
Ok, seems I didn't really understand the circumstances of mailto, I know it opens external entities to send email but was thinking it doesn't always have to.

Do you have any recommendations as I am not able to pay for hosting at the moment?
tim
If you don't have the knowledge to run your own server, don't have a good understanding how email and components work, and you don't have the money to get a shared hosting account. Then ecommerce is simply not for you.

I would recommend a SAAS solution like Shopify. Where none of this knowledge is required. But there is that problem with payment.

If your business is not profitable enough to make a $10 dollar revenue to pay for hosting then perhaps this is not a good business for you.
Many don't run their own server so they get hosting and start free before they acquire a paid version. Now you have to start somewhere hence why they offer free versions. I run my business locally and it is working its way up, so I decided work on a site for them to go to and as it grows then I would go into paid versions. I will invest in it a bit later down the line.