More about the 2.2 ?

Hi Tim & the team.

How/where/when can we know more about the 2.2 ?
I just have looked through files comparisons between the last Dev release on GitHub and 2.16.

Changes look like ..."Seriously !?"

I mean shouldn't it better be named 3.0 ?

My questions are :
- have you finalized a list of new features ?
- Is there a demo ?  (stupid question,...where was my head?)
- For who won't want to rewrite his own devs from scratch : how can we be able to just apply bug fixes ?
- Other info will be welcome like : why moving from classed to entities ?

Best regards
tim
Ouch I some frustration here.

2.2 is a new chapter in the 2 era. Most features are the same and most things are still compatible. There are bigger ideas for 3.0 and a 3.0 will most likely break compatibility with older features such as a better folder structure.

have you finalized a list of new features ?

Yes, see the changelog on the download page.

For who won't want to rewrite his own devs from scratch : how can we be able to just apply bug fixes ?

If you missed the warnings signs of taking a dev version to production you are not entirely out of luck. The git repository provides complete version control and you could easily pull all changes. Otherwise I recommend making a fresh install and compare the database structure to your current installation and drop the latest files on top.

Why moving from classed to entities ?

Controllers are backwards compatible. You can still type new ctrl_product() and LiteCart will understand. But the term controllers is used in MVC frameworks for another component. These are sort of object relational mappings and similar objects so a more proper naming felt like the only right thing to do to stop confusion. They became entities.

What's happening now is bug hunting and patching before 2.2.0 goes master.
Can someone from this forum tell me (if possible) how to distinguish in GitHub the commits that are bug-fixing relevant among the others ?
Still searching ...
Ot should I rely on that bug fixing are only those ones : https://github.com/litecart/litecart/issues

If you missed the warnings signs of taking a dev version to production you are not entirely out of luck. The git repository provides complete version control and you could easily pull all changes. Otherwise I recommend making a fresh install and compare the database structure to your current installation and drop the latest files on top.
tim
All commits have a commit message describing what is done in the commit. If you use git for your project you can cherry pick commits or pull them all with a click.
In fact no...GitHub is still a mystery for me...So I guess I have to learn
tim
Once you learn it you will never wanna going back.
You can set up your own private repositories on BitBucket.
This thread has been closed due to long inactivity. Posting to it is not possible.